Helping patients with Sickle Cell Disease and their families overcome practical, emotional, social, and financial barriers.
Case management services provide hands-on navigation of the reimbursement system, ensuring access to prescribed and emerging therapies and treatment as well as the practical financial support needs. We address the holistic needs of the patient, recognizing that everyday barriers often impact access and compliance. Education, research, and representation across a wide spectrum of services are provided for uninsured, underinsured, and insured patients.
At no cost to you, PAF case managers are available to help address any roadblocks to access and affordability:
Reduce Financial Burden
• Find local, regional, and national resources for financial support for living expense support needs such as housing, utilities, transportation, and food
• Locate educational and emotional support resources such as support groups, nutritional and wellness
• Guide patients through eligible workplace protections like FMLA and ADA
• Give assistance engaging, applying and appealing workplace benefits including short-term and long-term disability
Enroll into Appropriate Insurance, Charity and Social Programs
• Provide eligibility, enrollment, and appeal navigation into Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security Disability, Marketplace, insurance, charity care, negotiation of payment plans or discounts for medical care
• Support with eligibility and application to charity care programs and discount opportunities
• Insurance utilization assistance such as benefit review, preauthorization, clinical appeals, billing and coding issues, out-of-network, second opinions and treatment decisions, and insurance plan interpretation
• Collaborate on filing insurance appeals for denied treatment and medications
• Resolving coding and billing issues
• Locate available clinical trial options and screen for eligibility
• Search for and enroll in health insurance coverage for uninsured patients or those with inadequate insurance coverage
All services are provided at no charge to the patient or their families. All services are provided through phone and/or email communication.